Each year the San Joaquin Valley Chapter holds an Educational Kick Off dinner meeting. The annual event allows the board of directors to meet with people interested in improving their knowledge in the field of operations management. The feedback from this meeting is used to assist in the planning of our educational offerings.
APICS builds and validates knowledge in supply chain and operations management. We enable our community of members, affiliates and customers to lead in the global marketplace.
Educational Offerings and Certifications
Advancing Productivity, Innovation,
and Competitive Success
Since 1973, the CPIM program has educated more than 75,000 manufacturing professionals on essential terminology, concepts, and strategies related to demand management, procurement and supplier planning, material requirements planning, capacity requirements planning, sales and operations planning, master scheduling, performance measurements, supplier relationships, quality control, and continuous improvement.
Benefits of CPIM
A CPIM education can help you to
Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
Improve efficiency across the processes of your organization's supply chain
Streamline operations through accurate forecasting
Predict outcomes more accurately
Maximize customer satisfaction by delivering products and services Just-in-Time
Increase profitability by optimizing your organization's inventory investment
Enhance your credibility among peers, employers, and customers
Who should earn the CPIM designation?
A CPIM education is essential for professionals involved in
Production and inventory management
Supply chain management
Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
Educational & Events Calendar
The Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) program is a new industry educational and certification program created to meet the rapidly changing needs of the supply chain management field.
From the manufacturing to the service industry, regardless of whether a company is serving business or consumer markets or is for profit or not-for-profit, the increasingly important role of supply chain management is affecting all organizations. Customers already expect good quality at low prices, and speed of delivery is becoming more important. As a result, effective supply chain management has become essential to successfully compete in today's global marketplace.
The CSCP program takes a broad view of the field, extending beyond internal operations to encompass all the steps throughout the supply chain—from the supplier, through the company, to the end consumer—and provides you with the knowledge to effectively manage the integration of these activities to maximize a company's value chain.
Benefits of the CSCP Program
After earning your CSCP designation, you will
- Learn to boost productivity, collaboration, and innovation
- Discover how to positively affect lead times, inventory, productivity, and bottom-line profitability
- Understand how to manage the integration and coordination of activities to achieve reduced costs and increase efficiencies and customer service
- Gain the knowledge to effectively and efficiently manage worldwide supply chain activities
- Achieve greater confidence and peer and industry recognition
- Enjoy the potential for career advancement and increased earnings.
Who should pursue the CSCP education and designation?
The CSCP program is for professionals in operations and supply chain management. This designation is ideal for you if you are
- Interested in more depth of knowledge and understanding in the areas of supplier and customer relations, international trade, the use of information technology to enable the supply chain, and physical logistics.
- A professional who is consulting or teaching supply chain functions
- Working with enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems.
Certified Supply Chain Professional
$1625 Member | $1725 Non-Member
PAYMENT PLANS ARE AVAILABLE